Community participation is an integral part of community health planning. The Health Council of Southeast Florida engages community health partners and key stakeholders to:
- Bring attention to effective health promotion strategies with special focus on evidence-based best practices:
- Identify evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies for improving health outcomes especially among racial/ethnic minority groups and low-income individuals,
- Present innovative approaches to reducing health disparities in racial/ethnic minorities.
- Understand how to apply chronic disease management programs to improve health behaviors and outcomes in individuals and populations, and
- Identify strategies to facilitate future research towards improving short-and long-term health outcomes in urban and rural communities.
For more information, please contact Andrea Stephenson-Royster at 561-844-4220 x2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.